Frequently asked questions
• Innerscapes Nail Potions uses high quality, time-tested ingredients and hand mixes them in small batches just for you. We use 2 larger stainless steel beads for easy mixing and a premium brush to give you the best possible polish experience. We also chose to use a longer cap, which gives you more control of the brush.
• We do our best to represent our potions online, but the fact is that different computer monitors may show the color differently than what you receive.
• Innerscapes Nail Potions tests its potions on people who like pretty tips and toes, not animals. We purchase high quality ingredients from respected suppliers, who also do not do animal testing.
10-free, dye-free, most are vegan
• Our nail potions are free of the 10 most toxic ingredients found in nail polish (formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, DBP, camphor, xylene, ethyl tosylamide, parabens, phthalates, fragrances).
• Our products are made with mineral-based, natural pigments. Except for a handful of formulas, the majority of our nail portions are vegan. Several utilize carmine, which is made from cochineal bug extract. Many reds and darker colors used in the cosmetic industry are created with dyes made from coal or petroleum by-products, which many people are allergic to and may cause other health issues. We won’t use them. In order to expand our palette, we have chosen to experiment with this natural form of carmine. Potions that contain carmine are clearly marked (as are those potions that are vegan) so you can choose the colors that are right for you.
• Our Mystery Nail Potions are...well, a mystery! These are usually an experimental shade that didn't quite work with our collections, but they're always fun and still pretty. Some are vegan, some aren't. You can request either.
Use & Storage
• We suggest using a base and top coat with your potion. One coat of potion creates a shiny, sheer look with a hint of color. Add 1-2 more coats for a more opaque look. Allow the potion to dry between coats. Use of a fan can speed drying after a couple of minutes, but don’t hold it too close to your nails.
• 3 coats sounds like too much? Unbelievably, it's not! Testers have told us that 3 light coats creates deep, lasting color. Our excellent brush deposits just the right amount on your nails.
• Store in a cool, dry place. Do not store in bright sun. Gently shake polish for about 30 seconds before use. Some separation could occur over time and is natural. Just shake to remix.
• Remove with regular nail polish remover or acetone. We've even had success with non-acetone removers, which are more gentle on your nail, less drying to cuticles and less toxic.
• Product is flammable. Use in a ventilated area. Keep away from heat and open flame. Do not use while smoking. Do not inhale on purpose. Keep away from children. Do not ingest.
• Though we’ve had great success with clients with sensitivities using our potions, everyone is different. If you're in doubt, test on one nail first. Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
Nontoxic Nail Polish Remover?
Being sensitive myself, and experimenting with potions as much as I do, I've tried a lot of different options for nail polish remover. The one I like right now is Mineral Fusion Nail Polish Remover. It has a pleasant smell and doesn't dry out my nails or cuticles, but it still removes the polish like straight acetone!
Some places to check it out:
Where can I get a mani or pedi with Innerscapes Nail Potions?
You can always purchase a potion and take it with you to your favorite place!
In Omaha, check out
Kitty not only joked with Rox about making her own polish, she helped her test Innerscapes Nail Potions on her customers for about a year before Rox took the potions to the public.